Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I'll Spare you the Play by Play....

I have Lucy's room mostly done now. I'll spare you the play by play (well most of it you know a short story still takes me a while)...

Her room was rather hard because unlike the boys she does play with near all her toys on a pretty regular basis. BUT she also makes a gigantic mess and doesn't have the shelf space like they do so really she should have less, funny how that works! She has a pretty big closet but it is over the stairs so one wall is slanted,making it useless. Ah but not to genius me! I had decided long ago (like when it was Levi's room back in the one kid days) that a couple shelves on that slant would be spectacular. Well finally eight years later there are shelves! And yes, they are spectacular!



Her 2 shelves are full as well as bins under her bed. We couldn't add a 3rd shelf becasue he clothes have to hang somewhere and I already have her dresser in there. I may have to weed through some more after her birthday on Friday. My mom called to say she had a "bunch of stuff" for Lucy, yay....

There are also some toys up on the top shelf in her closet she can't play with unless I get them down and far too many books... I really need to just donate a box of books. But like I said her room is MOSTLY done...this decluttering gets tedious, I start to lose focus. I think every room will probably get the initial declutterization and then a follow up later. Too bad I can't charge like the Dr!

Unfortunately, I still have to go through everyone's clothes. I'm putting clothes off because though drawers are full they still shut (ah the wonderfulness of hidden messes)! Birthday's are about to be over so after my mom drops her load of junk on me and school is out, summer clothes are out in full force, well then I will go through everything.

So here is what you are waiting for (because I know you are just dying to be a part of my everyday life! lol) the before and after pictures, though I did forget to take a before pic of the closet with no shelves....

No comments:

Post a Comment