Saturday, May 29, 2010

Flush goes the Pop

I'm not sure if I should be proud or a tad bit disturbed???

Wyatt's fish died yesterday. He didn't cry. He wasn't the least bit upset, in fact he laughed. It wasn't like Serial Killer laugh, but a laugh none the less.



So did I prepare my child well for the very possible fish death? Or should I be worried at his lack of emotion? This is the child that last summer was laughing as he stomped a baby frog to death in front of a very upset screaming little girl who thought it was her baby.

But he is also the boy who cries about everything.  I mean I can't get this kid to not be whiny. My plate is blue, whaaaa.... Lucy is looking at me whaaa.... The wind blew on me whaaaa... So him NOT crying about the fish death, well it was a nice change until I started really thinking about his reaction.

The little fish, Pop, wasn't a floater nope he was a sinker, somewhat pinched against the edge of the bowl a a shell decoration. This was the only thing that somewhat upset him- having to reach his hand in the dirty water to get the shells out.

We dumped Pop into the toilet, ya know the proper fish send off, swirl, swirl, flush! Bye-Bye Pop, hahaha...

As soon as Pop was out of sight, well actual even before he was, what was on Wyatt's mind? "Don't forget to go buy me a new fish tomorrow!"

Hmmmm...a new fish.... this is a chance to bribe him to do something.... my options are endless but I must pick just the right thing....

No comments:

Post a Comment