Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy 23 and 1/4 Birthday to Me!

 My children are making me OLD! No, it isn't that time is just passing by at it's normal rate it is FLYING by. I blame them!


They are blissfully unaware that their life is speeding by and taking mine with it. And I mean SPEEDING by. I think they put themselves in overdrive and took off.

Are you grasping this- FLYING- SPEEDING! Do the CAPS help?!

Part of me is excited at the prospect of older children. The whole being able to do more, no babysitters needed, forcing them to do all the housework I don't want to do- you know the norm! No, really I mean go on vacations without having to worry about if too much walking is involved, if bathrooms and snacks are readily available, finally meeting height requirements for things so Brad or I don't have to sit out and dry upset short people tears. And yea I'm going to keep in the whole housework, jobs I don't want to do thing on my list too... I mean isn't that why we have kids, to mow the  lawn for us and be in charge of dishes? It was a major selling point for me. Child labor- whatever! lol

I wonder if the kids feel the same way as I did at their ages, like life is dragging by so slow. School weeks took forever, months felt like years, and years well man those things never changed! I hope my kids do. I hope their childhood drags on as long as possible. And I say drag as a good drag! Because shortly (from my perspective of course) they will have some work to do! Enjoy the play time while you can- bwahaha!

Seriously, 9 years ago I was 21. TWENTY-ONE!!! Then I blinked my eyes and now I am 30! Thirty?! What!? The kids get the joy of aging slowly, so what about us? Oh well we pick up all the slack and it speeds us up.There must be some math formula out there somewhere for adults vs. kids- ya know like for every one people year a dog is seven. How about once your first child is born for every 4 kid years adults only age one. Sounds good to me. So in September get ready to wish me a Happy 23 and 1/4 Birthday!



Happy 6th Birthday Wyatt!

No comments:

Post a Comment