Friday, May 21, 2010

Slobs, I have created little slobs!

I'm discouraged today... yes, I know, awfully quick to be throwing in the towel... Well I am not throwing it in- I just need a good whine or wine, whatever!

**I do need a disclaimer for the pictures you are about to see. You guys are going to think I am a HUGE slob. My house is not usually this bad for more then a day. I simply can't stand it. Yes, it gets this bad QUICK but I don't let it stay. The whole decluttering thing- well yeah, that is so it CAN'T get like this!!!**

I've spent today running errands so no working on the house- this is NOT good around here. I woke up to a HUGE mess nearly everywhere, but especially my children's rooms. They were not this bad when I put them to bed. Okay they were bad but not THIS bad!!!

I told the boys they could read books before bed- this is what came of that simple statement!


Then there is just the general floor and closet mess. I think they don't like to see their carpet. And their closet- well we put the shelves in there to make it more organized- FAIL!


And Lil Miss...well she is no different. Her room is a tad better off because Daddy cleaned it with her a few days ago but....

WOW! My kids are slobs, I was aware of this but when I really started looking at every area that needs change then I started noticing it so much more. Add this to areas of failure as a mom- teach children to be neat- FAIL! But I will soon be getting a passing grade there. It will take a little hard work but will be so worth it!!!

Back to my discouragement- sadly their messes are not contained to their rooms- and we have all contributed slightly to the rest. Me and my random stuff relocation program and Brad with his well his complete disregard for items once he has set them down for some reason. If something leaves Brad's hand, well it will never be picked up again- ok well it might but not to reach it's final destination- not unless it has been handled 5-10 times previously. Apparently Brad's things need to tour our home first.

So here is my living room (also known as tent land), kitchen (see the high chair ON the counter- well Brad was taking that to the basement to fix it 3 days ago- apparently now he has set it down it has become invisible to him- vacuum too- they put themselves away don't ya know!), and then the entry way (this is where shoes, coats, backpacks are to be put up- wow my family has mastered this skill too (hangs head in shame).)


Oh man, where to clean as my next project??? The options are overwhelming!!!!

2 comments:

  1. OH THANK YOU BECKY!!! I thought MY house was the only one that looked like this. I fear anyone coming over I'm so ashamed. it's not dirty, just VERY messy around here. It looks like the kids' rooms threw up all their contents all over my house :-) All my friends have spotless houses, so I thought I was a failure and couldn't figure out what I had done wrong. Now I know it's the kids not me HAHA :-)
    ~Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adrianna has the same tea set Lucy has there by her door:) and don't feel bad. Adrianna's toy room looks like that daily but we clean it before bed. Its ok. You have kids, mess is a fact of life.

    ReplyDelete