Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Stevens Time Zone

Being a morning person... it is something I kinda want... I think it might be nice to enjoy the quiet time when 2 of the 3 short people are off at school, birds are chirping, lawns are being mowed (right outside my window, every day, MARK!). Oh wait are those nice sounds or annoying ones? When I am trying to sleep they are annoying- maybe awake they are better? But I just can't get this morning thing down even though my neighbors are trying to help.

(I started that paragraph talking about enjoying the quiet but then immediately went off on morning noises I'd hear if I was awake. Yes, I noticed that but no, I'm not changing it- every time I tried I went off on a stupid tangent and you really don't want to read any more of those then you have to so just pretend it flows well okay!)

I have this idea ingrained in my head that if the clock doesn't say 11 well then sorry I need to stay in bed! Even if I feel awake, if I get up, I'll just be so tired. Maybe I should just change all the clocks in our house. My family will have it's own time zone. I think this is a fine idea, it will be Stevens Time, not to be confused with hammer time...oh ya can't tough this ne ne ne-ne ne-ne ne-ne.....  oh sorry, back to Stevens Time (break it down) it will be 5 hours off from Eastern Standard. So 8pm, well that will be 1am to us. My kids don't have to be to the bus at 7, heck no! Noon it is! 1am , well that is bedtime for them! No more kids asking to stay up late- I'll have them fooled! Oh what honey you failed your test on telling time because you said lunch was at 5pm and your teacher said that was  dinner time....Oh, your teacher says there is no such thing as the Stevens Time Zone, well she is mistaken honey....



The more I think about it the more certain I am that Stevens Time is the way to go. I don't like to go to bed early or wake up early but it is always because of what the clock says, not necessarily because of how tired or awake I am. It is just that crazy idea in my head telling me to stay up at night and stay in bed in the mornings. The clock is controlling me!!!

Okay, so there is an actual time zone that is 5 hours off from ours, one I can claim other then Stevens Time, the BST, British Summer Time. Yep, I'm British. But wait that's not right...I mean time wise it is for changing our clock in order to trick my brain. But if I want an excuse to stay in bed and say I am waking up at a decent hour- oh well  then I am Hawaiian! Yep, they are 6 hours behind us! I always new I loved Hawaii!

No comments:

Post a Comment