Monday, April 26, 2010

All Green Life On Earth Beware!

Last night I was taking care of dishes when I saw two little plants that my children have brought home from school. It got me thinking. My mind wanders down some crazy paths so here is my train of thought...

Oh look, I haven't killed Levi's plant yet. Wow, it has been months. The kids had a bet when this plant came home, along with another one, which one I would kill first. They were right, I killed the other one first. Ah, here is Wyatt's cup o' plant. Unfortunately this one came home before a sprout had sprouted. Yep, it isn't going to make it. There will never be life in that cup. I will either drown it or dehydrate it, there is no happy plant hydrating medium with me. I need Poison Ivy here. Not the weed/flower/whatever it is but Poison Ivy, the evil villainess from Batman. She could make these plants live. I'm such the opposite of her. That is my Super Hero power- plant killing. Oh wait that isn't such a super power now is it? How can I be the anti-Poison ivy and be a good guy with that as my power?



Ok so as of right now, I have no super Hero power I can think of. But yep, I'd make a good villainess! You are worried about pollution from cars, factories,etc... well watch out! Who is worried about their own carbon footprint with me on the loose!? All green life on earth beware! Becky is out there and she can kill you without even trying! All that has to happen for you to die dear green life, is for someone to say Becky is in charge of you. Certain death, you are facing certain death.

Seriously, an Evergreen tree in my yard died. An EVERgreen. Ya know, those trees that stay green all year, the ones that live next to polluted roads and don't really even require maintenance? Yep, that Evergreen. The one in my yard not only was dying slowly but it chose to committed tree suicide rather then stick around my plant killing powers any longer. A small wind blew and that tree uprooted itself, it didn't want to suffer any longer with its slow death. It has a partner back there that is now dying the same slow death. I wonder if it will commit tree suicide as well?

There was another tree in the front yard that died right after I moved in. I've killed a few bushes. I can't even count the amount of flowers that have succumb to my super powers. Plants given as gifts after the birth of my children didn't last more then a month. There is no mercy given!

Like all Villains and Super Heroes alike I do have my Kryptonite  it seems, there is one plant that I can not seem to kill. At least not quickly, it is the aloe plant. A friend gave me this plant over a year ago and shockingly it is still alive, and growing!

I guess that would make this plant giver  my mortal enemy? Watch out Cheryl and your garden, Black Thumb is now after you!

2 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad I am a plant killer too. I did hang on to one plant for over a year but that thing would come back to life after I swore it was dead, freaky freaky plant. I guess we can't be perfect at everything right? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I'm famous!:D

    You better not kill my garden... but I will share the veggies that come out of it. :)

    ReplyDelete