Sunday, April 18, 2010

What Would the World Do Without My Ingenuity?



Tonight Brad and I went on our first date since surgery. He hasn't been up for leaving the house and normally our dates consist of dinner then a movie, ya know the same old, same old "Date Night." So since dinner seemed out of the question and we have streaming Netflix at home from the comfort of our bed, staying in was just convenient.

BUT I NEEDED OUT!!! So we decided Brad could survive a trip for a shake and a movie. Take your nurse out on a date already, geez. While we were driving trying to decide the best place to go for a shake, one that wouldn't be too thick, or have any chunks, a place where maybe they could liquify it just a tad more, ya know the perfect place, well this is when Brad decided to add more confusion to our decision. He now wants soup, but he can't just eat soup, no it has to be completely blended down, no chunks of any kind. This might be tricky. Why didn't we pack the blender. Maybe I just need to break down and buy one of those lil hand blenders so I can carry it a restaurant and just blend his food right there at the table? And you thought the loud talker on his cell phone was annoying!



Big Boy seemed like a good choice. We know they blend their shakes and have soup. Maybe they could blend soup too? I asked our waitress if she could blend soup, I mentioned how Brad could only eat liquids, mouth wired shut and all- yep, not above playing the sympathy card. She was confused and thought I meant blend as in just mixing 2 different soups together. She figured it out after a little more explanation. We lucked out with the sweetest waitress, not only did she blend the soup but she came over several times to check just how blended he needed it. Then came back while we were eating just to check if it was still an okay texture.

There were some ham chunks in it. Brad couldn't just be easy and order chicken noodle,  no he had to go with cream of broccoli with ham chunks in it, ham does not blend well. I guess I can't really blame him, I went with cream of broccoli myself, chicken noodle gets old. And if you recall since I have narcissistic blogs, how sweet am I for sticking with my man and ordering soup with him, ya know instead of a big juicy burger!?  So back to the ham chunks, luckily I am a genius and decided to use a fork as a strainer as we poured the soup from the blending cup into a mug for Brad to drink from. What would the world do without my ingenuity? They'd all have ham chunks stuck in their teeth is what!

We left our wonderful waitress a nice tip and headed to our movie, appropriately named " Date Night." OMG, it is  hilarious. We were laughing so hard Brad's jaws were hurting. It is a great couples movie.



It was a superb night, and though we had to deal with blending soup, hurting jaws from laughing, not being able to really talk, or order popcorn it was a nice little break from all things surgery like it feels here at home...

No comments:

Post a Comment