Monday, April 5, 2010

Look Monkey Push Button, Good Monkey!

Brad's HR lady sent his FMLA papers back saying she needed a retun to work date from the Drs. So when we were at his appt. I asked Dr. Ghetto Braces (yep that is the name I am giving him)  if he could write a note or something. So he takes the paper and writes 6 weeks on it. I ask him to at least sign it- oh I get a loopy X on it. Seriously, I could have forged that. How can I give this to her and call it good?

Before he wrote six weeks he asked Brad what he does. Brad gave the normal "I work with computers" answer. Which yes, he "works with computers" but it is a bit more then he makes it sound. I guess I just "hang around the house" for my job with that logic.
Dr. Ghetto Braces says " You can't work on computers like this? You need 6 weeks not just 4?" So I have to say he doesn't just "work on computers" he is the network admin, it is a tad more then just sitting at his desk pushing some buttons. Seriously the tone Dr. Braces had was like Brad had George Jetson's job- go in and push the red button, job done! Not to mention I just told him the man hasn't got out of bed for the past 2 1/2 weeks does he think Brad is recovering ahead of schedule?



Brad's original plan was to take 4 weeks off. So now I have to call the HR lady. I asked Brad when he was going back towork. His answer-at the four week mark. Now trust me I want him to go back to work. Not because I want him gone but becasue I want him to feel good enough to go. Well, one less gigantic kid in the house is a plus too! BUT, seriously in one week you are going to miraculiously go from unable to get out of bed other then to walk to the bathroom to working an 8 hour day? If it was myself, or maybe any woman on the planet I'd belive it no problem, but sorry honey not you. I would love for you to prove me wrong on this one, remember one day it will actually happen for you, maybe this is your day!?

Well, I called the HR lady and told her he'd be back tenitively April 12. His 4 week mark falls on a Thursday so I gave him over that weekend for a few extra days.

Here is why I just don't see the 4 week mark happening. I'm oviously not writing these blogs on the days the events happened but today is 3 weeks and 3 days post op. Brad has hit a set back it seems. The ear pain and this new sore on his tongue are knocking him back and he wasn't up very far to begin with. The tongue is especailly problematic. We can't see his tongue at all. No way to see what is going on or apply anything directly to it. Stupid me didn't put it together that if there are wires wrapped around the front of his teeth that means they are around the back too. I'm going to blame it on sleep deprivation I am not that slow I sware! Anyways, apparently the wires have irritated his tongue.

I guess there is a plus side, he can't talk, it hurts too bad. So now would be the perfect time to drive him somewhere huh? No comments! No, really I miss talking with Brad. Talking to him isn't the same as talking with him. Though he (and anyone who knows me) would probably argue that it isn't much different, I don't let others get a word in too often anyways. But not being able to talk at work, don't know how that will be possible. I guess that is a plus too, having an excuse to not chat with all those annoying people (Hey Brad's fellow collegues, how ya doing? Of course YOU aren't the people I am talking about. lol). I guess he can just IM or email.

Really I do see Brad possibly going back to work on April 12, but from home not in the office. And not downstairs at his desk but in bed on the laptop. I don't know, I guess in a week we will see! Oh and that loopy X signature, yep not cutting it. Tomorrow I get to call U of M and try to get a return to work paper faxed, man I hope that is easier then getting a Rx filled, probably not... so maybe he won't be allowed back anyways!

2 comments:

  1. I feel for ya Becky. I had major hip surgery a few years ago and was bed ridden for 5 weeks while the muscle reconnected I couldn't even get out of bed by myself. It is a very depressing and hard thing to know you rely so much on other people. I know this part is hard on you too. I just want to pat you on the back for realizing the emotional toll on Brad that goes along with the physical. And I agree back to work HA!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is frustrating to think about having to have such little time to recover. Praying that the next week brings lots of healing.

    ReplyDelete