Wednesday, April 14, 2010

He is Not Quite Ready For Kindergarten Yet.

So April 12 has come and gone and did my darling Brad go back to work. Yes and no. Yes, he is working. No, he isn't at work.

As I predicted he was not quite ready to return to work. My sweet baby is still in the preschool stage not quite ready to be a big Kindergartner and go off on his own. I wonder when he does go if he will need to ride the short bus? He is drooling a lot and yesterday he drooled on his laptop keyboard and put it on the fritz, had to order a new. But maybe it wasn't the drool, maybe the keyboard is revolting. It has been getting a ton more use these days.

Anyways, Monday, April 12, he already knew he would be working from home. His short weekend trips to his parent's house and to sit poolside while the kids and I swam wore him out. He did manage to wake up before noon though! It was a  little after 8, three snooze hits after 8 to be exact, he got up and went to work. He had a long journey- all the way to the basement. Man, he hasn't been down here in ages compared to his normal computer time!

He actually sat at his desk working all day, instant messaging and emailing instead of phone conversations. But by 4, he was done in. I think he worked until 5 but after that it was off to bed, his face was swelling and bothering him. So there he sat the rest of the evening, not sleeping, just gaming, but reclining none the less.

So Tuesday's work day... well here is how he is working.



Yes, even after sending him back to work I STILL can't get him out of bed! I think he and the bed have formed some weird bond that nothing can break. He has even skipped a few showers so the bed's nose must be more broke then mine because wow, it should so be kicking him out.


I'm not allowed to open the blinds or turn the bedroom light on either though. He is comfy in his dark cave. Apparently he doesn't realize that hibernation time is over- it is spring this is when the bears leave the cave! Nope, this is his winter I suppose...how many months to bears hibernate because I don't know how much longer I can take it! Yes, it is all about ME!

I love my husband but him being here is really messing with my normal schedule. Lucy and I lay in bed all morning, it is our thing but now he is there working. Granted today it was nice because I slept while he answered all of Lucy's never ending questions but I have a feeling cranky work Brad will start kicking in earlier and earlier until he kicks me out of bed as soon as Lucy is up and in our room.

Also, with him using the wireless connection to work from bed, well I can't use the phone. I need to talk to an adult during the day. It keeps me sane! But our phones and internet interfere with each other so if I am on the phone he can't connect into work.

And the cranky work Brad I mentioned... oh yeah, don't try to ask him a question- sorry no, he can't be bothered, not for one little second.  The phone rang yesterday FOR HIM! I took it to him and get complains to me because he lost his internet connection when I brought him HIS call!

He says his pain is gone so I don't know what it is, I can't fathom what would keep someone in bed for so long if it doesn't hurt. He says he is uncomfortable. Well, I've been there, for 27 months I was uncomfortable but I didn't lock myself in a dark room.

I want to see an improvement in this week but if he doesn't get up and do somethign I doubt there will be... I think he is stuck in a funk and I have no idea how to pull him out.... this is one time I wish I wasn't right and he was actually in the office, living life again.

No comments:

Post a Comment