Saturday, April 24, 2010

Okay, now that we have that worked out let the promo play...

Not Reality, Actuality. This is TRU TV's slogan.


Ok, so first of all what does this mean? What exactly is the difference between reality and actuality? I guess reality is each person's take on what is actually happening/actuality (reality is perception right?).  That means actuality is what is really happening outside of every ones perception of it. Part of me wants to break this down to a logic/algebraic interpretation, but yeah, I won't. I've probably confused you enough.

So outside of this slogan not making much sense the most annoying part of this that most of their shows are neither actuality or reality. Nope, their shows are made up and scripted. Then actors are paid to preform as they shoot it reality show style. Maybe this is the definition of actuality! LOL

Tru TV does have shows like Forensic Files, things that actually happened not filmed reality style. These shows fit the channels slogan but they aren't the ones advertised all day and night long. I get that maybe every show won't fit the slogan so ok then, quit blasting the it all over when advertising these made up shows! It makes me crazy.

I am seriously that nut job laying in bed telling the TV how stupid it is. Man, I'm glad there isn't a mirror up there so I can look back and see just how stupid I am at that moment! But my reality (the perception of it) is that everything is just fine with me yelling at the TV. Maybe I'll set up a camera to video tape myself. Then when I watch the video of myself it can be actuality which apparently is better then reality! Maybe Tru TV will buy my series- TV Judgment. Great name huh?! I can see the commercial promo now, a shot of TV, a shot of a bed, a clip of me complaining and then what- the announcer breaks in with, "Don't Miss an all new episode of TV Judgement, Friday nights at 8, on Tru TV, Not Reality, Actuality.

Oh wait, now I have confused myself! This isn't what their Actuality shows are, nope what I described, well that would be a reality show. For it to be an Actuality show I'd have to give them my idea then they would have to write a script, hire an actor to play me and then shoot it reality style. Okay, now that we have that worked out let the promo play....."Don't miss an all new episode......"


Because some of you probably have no idea what I am talking about Here are Tru TV's Big Actuality (so not) hits-
Repo Men- This gem of a show is so not reality or actuality. It is way too out there. The basis of this show is following this crazy repo team as they repo cars, motorcycles, a ZAMBONI, ya know, all the normal stuff. Of course nothing goes easily- there is midget S&M craziness being interrupted because " #itch don't take my truck!" Red neck shirtless and toothless fights over an El Camino. It is just ridiculousness, pure ridiculousness! There is absolutely no way that that many crazy situations would happen to one Repo Team. Especially when a camera just happens to be there. It is all made up, a script is written and these "actors" act it all out. They are actually making a movie out of this crap, wow. To each his own I know but I just can't stand this show.

Another gem, Southern-Fried Stings...oh even the name is horrid. This is some show about the people you call when you need the cops but don't want to call the cops. So classy. I guess I can't bash it too badly because I frankly have not wasted one second of my life watching this show but really, just the premise of it... I have obviously seen the ridiculous promo commercials for it. Which are of course wrapped up with " Tru TV, Not Reality, Actuality."

must.not.throw.remote.at.television...

No comments:

Post a Comment