Friday, April 16, 2010

The Red Headed Step-Child Dispersion Program

Value packs, whatever... more like torture you packs. Have you ever noticed these value packs that have more then one flavor always give you more of the one nobody wants. It is like the red headed step child dispersion program.

A box of Popsicle- you get 3 red, 3 purple, and 15 orange or green. Yogurt, same thing, 5 strawberry, 5 blueberry, 10 peach. Twenty oatmeal raisin granola bars with only 10 each of chocolate chunk and peanut butter. Chips- oh yep, a few Lays, Doritos, Cheetos and then what? Oh a ton of nobody wants to eat you Fritos. Fritos are so lame that my spell checker doesn't even register it as a word, I think that says it all. I could go on and on with my ridiculous exaggerations but you get the idea right?



Why do companies do this to us? It's all a plan, I'm sure of it. They make these flavors because a small percentage of people like them but it isn't cost effective to make such a small amount so in comes their evil plan. Lets toss them in a box with the flavors people like and make these value packs the most cost effective way to buy. Then we will make the pictures of the good flavors BIG and with very small numbers tell the flavor counts, that is if we have to mention the contents.

Maybe my family is just odd. Maybe with our group of 5, there should be someone who likes all those off flavors. If one of them did, man oh man would they be lucking out in the junk food department!

But guess what Mr. Corporation, I have my own evil plan. I make the kids choke down the reject snacks before I'll buy more. I eat the good stuff and when it comes down to green popsicles, peach yogurt, and Fritos- oh it is all on them. Plus, for right now, I'm taller then them. Yep, when supplies are getting low I can just stick some of the good stuff on a higher, you can't see me you shorties, shelf!

Or there is always the second evil plan to rid my cupboards of the reject snacks " what I am responsible for snack at chess club today? Oh well looky here, I have a big ol' bag of Fritos for ya!"

No comments:

Post a Comment