Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Princess and the Pea

I had a Princess and the Pea night last night. Okay so it wasn't a pea, it wasn't under my mattress, and I'm not, oh wait I am a princess.



So what was my "pea?" Oh, it was granola (McNola for my readers). And why oh why is there granola in my bed? Um, that would be because I don't like to wake up in the mornings so I bring up a breakfast that Lucy can eat in my bed while watching cartoons. That way I can sleep in. Judge all you want but I get to sleep in EVERY day.

Usually I can change breakfast up but lately she requires juice, a banana, and a granola bar. I'm not too picky about what she eats in my bed. Why you may ask? Well the answer is simple, Brad usually isn't in bed and she eats it on HIS side. So no crumbs in my area, only in his, equals no worries!

But not last night. Nope, last night I kept feeling these small lumps in my bed. I'd reach down to see what it could be and there it was, granola chunks stuck to my princess skin! I was shocked just how annoying these tiny crumbs could be, they actually even hurt a little. Man, I am a princess. There will be no camping ground sleeping for me, can you imagine the night I'd have?!

So will my morning granola ritual continue, yep. Soon Brad will be out of bed and we can go back to our normal torture of him, he is no princess, he'll survive! In the meanwhile I'll keep the handi-vac close by and enjoy my princess sleep.

1 comment:

  1. I do the same thing. I use the excuse that I work late to justify it. Jason hates finding her crumbs in the bed.

    ReplyDelete